Personal Firewalls: ZoneAlarm vs Sygate vs PC-cillin

From: Anonymous (Anonymous_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 06/01/05

Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:35:40 GMT

How do these personal firewalls rate against each other?

ZoneAlarm (free or Pro)
Sygate Personal Firewall (free or Pro)
PC-cillin Security Suite (integrated firewall, cranked-up to 'high')

Which provides the best protection, uses the least resources, and is most
stable?

Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Personal FW Recommendation
    ... I definately like running ZoneAlarm... ... the Pro version. ... Not too familiar with Outpost... ... the latest personal firewalls should serve you well. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is Zone Alarm Pro Worth it?
    ... >>introduction of the benefits of Personal Firewalls on OS without any ... > I fail to see how the above URL answers my questions regarding ZA Pro. ... Weil Verisign voll krass sicher ist und Sicherheit nur insofern ... Der Poebel will doch gar keine Sicherheit. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm has a leak?
    ... I have been using ZA Pro for some years ... I get a report of a 'memory leak' each time I run Beyond TV application ... Perhaps "Personal Firewalls" better would be discussed on ... "Ich bin ein freier Mensch und werde jetzt von meinen Freiheitsrechten ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is Zone Alarm Pro Worth it?
    ... > I'm thinking of buying ZA Pro to use with Win 98SE. ... > How does it compare to other top firewalls? ... introduction of the benefits of Personal Firewalls on OS without any ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)