Re: Outpost Free won't allow any traffic

From: Kerodo (loopback_at_localhost.com)
Date: 05/29/05

Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:55:23 -0700

In article <3fs1ijF9bjrnU1@individual.net>, a@b.c says...
> After seeing what an atrocious job Sygate Free does
> (www.firewallleaktest.com) I decided to try Outpost Free.
>
> I installed it, ran it, and it won't allow any traffic at all! I put it in
> Rules Wizard mode, and nothing happens. I told it to allow my browser and
> Xnews, and it won't. Does anybody know why it might be doing this?

Outpost free is getting quite old now, so you might do better with
Outpost Pro. Also, you may have trouble if there are remnants of
previous firewalls hanging around on your system, ZA leaves things
behind and I imagine the others do also. Have a look in your hidden
devices and clear out anything in there that might be left over from
other firewalls. I once found part of ZA loaded and running even after
I did a /clean uninstall. Couldn't believe it...

--
Kerodo