Re: Just ran Hijackthis. Can you help?

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 05/20/05

Date: 20 May 2005 16:10:26 GMT

In article <1116599271.139191.55720@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 <mikesmith9999@hotmail.com> wrote:
:Now my Yahoo Mail link reads:

:http://us.f514.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?.rand=13kvu6pmlsnt3

:Is this a problem?

I use yahoo from time to time, and I have seen very similar links.
Yahoo spreads its load over multiple servers. The IP block registration
for us.f514.mail.yahoo.com looks legitimate.

I have not figured out what the rand= portion of the URL is used for
by Yahoo; I -usually- only see it when I am using an older browser
and Yahoo has dropped back to an older interface version.

--
Warning: potentially contains traces of nuts.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE Disinformation bar woes
    ... Evidently the security settings used ... emails at yahoo is sure to realize this. ... of the browser and logs into yahoo on one, ...
  • Yahoo! Messenger Auth Bypass Vulnerability
    ... including the popular Yahoo! ... improper caching of pages by the browser. ... Response to this URL does not specify that the browser should not keep its entry in the cache. ... Therefore, even after the user logs out of both messenger and email account, the URL entry ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Getting Rid of a Yahoo Browser
    ... How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser ... where do I go to find and then install IE6 & OE. ... How do I dump Yahoo and replace it with IE6 and Outlook Express. ... client, not the SBC Yahoo! ...
  • Re: Help--IE 6 wont open
    ... and some images in my Yahoo DSL browser would ... Tech support at Yahoo said it was an Internet ... > set up and install files for a full Internet Explorer ...
  • Re: Cant Surf
    ... Are you using IE or Yahoo Browser? ... Any difference if you disable both Yahoo Companion and Google Toolbar via IE Tools> Manage add-ons? ... It just sits there with a "busy" cursor for as long as you want to look ... Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 unexpectedly exits after you install ...