Re: router

From: Joseph Byrns (josephbyrns_at_nnoossppaamm-yahoo.com)
Date: 05/13/05

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:27:45 +0100

OK, thanks for the reply.

"Bruno Guerpillon" <bruno.guerpillon@free.fr> wrote in message
news:4284a0b5$0$31445$626a14ce@news.free.fr...

> "Joseph Byrns" <josephbyrns@nnoossppaamm-yahoo.com> a écrit dans le
> message de news: KvSdndX4N-9lChnfRVnyjA@pipex.net...
>>I have an ADSL router (ZyXEL Prestige 650R) providing internet access to
>>my network. This all
>> works fine. Using NAT, I pass port 80 requests from the router to a web
>> server, this also works fine. My problem is that I cannot properly test
>> any
>> web applications I create except by using the local network address, i.e.
>> http://webservername/test.html works fine, but
>> http://staticIPofRouter/test.html doesn't work from within the network.
>> So
>> what I want to know is, is there any way of me testing the latter address
>> from within the network (it works fine if I test it from off site, but
>> this
>> is impractical most of the time).
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Hi Joseph
> From your inside network, u cannot test a "published" service (HTTP for
> example) using the external address of your Routeur cause you're doing a
> loopback request.
> That's why u gotta type an internal name and not an external name.
> So if u want to test your rule, many solutions exists but you have to be
> Outside your network.
>
> Regards
>
> Bruno

Relevant Pages

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ IP ADDRESS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... block my ip address vista windows ... change public ip address linksys router ... setting up a network ip address ... warcraft server ip address ...
    (sci.misc)
  • Re: Connection from remote computer to network SQL Server
    ... There is no firewall on the W2K machine acting as the SQL server. ... I tried making the SQL machine a "trusted" on the router. ... connection works. ... To find the IP address of your computer inside the network, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • RE: Small network with lots of features, questions
    ... Your network sounds overly complicated to me. ... to get to the internet. ... To do that, without using your server as a router, you need ...
  • Re: SBS 2008 Server losing DNS and Router Settings since Windows U
    ... backup plan you would have to figure out when the server got hacked then ... only thing that does mess with the router is Windows. ... if the NIC is not connected to the network (which there is ... On reflection I think I may have triggered the changes to DNS DHCP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... laptop plugged into port on DSL router. ... service, e-mail, and RWW is available to all users on the network. ... The server is a SBS2003 SP1 Standard box without ISA, ... of the two NICs by clicking the Advanced tabs, it won't open that box, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)