Re: Best choice for free personnal firewall ?

From: Vic Dura (vpdura_at_CLUTTERhiwaay.net)
Date: 05/06/05

Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:09:11 -0500

On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:23:14 GMT, in comp.security.firewalls RE: Re:
Best choice for free personnal firewall ? Casey
<Casey@notspecified.net> wrote:

>In article <5vfi71ppt5tk9hkedv2a1vn6qr4k66ca31@4ax.com>,
>vpdura@CLUTTERhiwaay.net says...
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:03:52 +0200, in comp.security.firewalls RE:
>> Best choice for free personnal firewall ? Damien
>> <damienouebePAS-DE@SPAMlaposte.net> wrote:
>>
>> >What other free solutions are serious enough? I've heard negative
>> >critics on ZoneAlarm and the FW included in Win XP SP2, but more
>> >positive on Sygate PF?
>>
>> I tried Sygate PF and I liked it except for the massive traffic log
>> file it generated from the other two computers on my home workgroup
>> LAN. Even though I had a rule allowing all traffic from the IP
>> addresses of the two other computers, it logged all the traffic that
>> it saw from them and I couldn't see a way to turn that off. I found it
>> annoying, but you may not object to it.
>>
>Hi Vic. Take a look at Sygate Log Viewer v1.2. You can likely
>set it up to fit your needs.
>http://www.geocities.jp/bruce_teller/sygate5/spflgvw_en.htm
>Casey

I just checked Sygate Log Viewer and it is very nice. It really helps
a lot. Thanks for the referral. I'll be leaving the author a donation
to support further development.

Regards,
Vic Dura