Re: Pop up blocker in Norton Internet Security

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.lan)
Date: 05/05/05

Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:39:29 GMT

On Thu, 05 May 2005 07:35:55 -0700, niall_heavey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Not sure if i'm in the right group but does any one know if it is
> possible and how do you dissable the pop up blocker (only for certain
> sites) on Norton Internet Security 2005. I know I can turn off my anti
> virus and go to the sites I want to view which use pop ups but I'm sure

The Antivirus part has nothing to do with POP-UP's being blocked, and you
never want to turn it off.

> I can just allow pop ups on Certain sites. Dont think you need to know
> but I use Netscape explorer and Windows XP.

You need to open the firewall part and enable POP-UPS for sights that you
like.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Blocking a domain from computer
    ... blocker that works very well. ... The firewall will block Windows Messenger ... service type pop ups that usually appear in a gray box. ... I have a firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: DestroyAds Popups
    ... It sounds like the firewall your ... using only blocks those ports that you specify, ... > adaware/lavasoft, google pop up blocker, and they still show up. ... > and the pop ups kept coming, and their only solution after blocking ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: pop ups
    ... Try getting the free Goggle toolbar which stops pop ups effectively. ... Try to set up a firewall, using XP's own or a free one like Zone Alarm ... HiJack This is a program that simply searches for programs that run at ...
  • Re: Macromedia Flash v7 Does Not Load
    ... Only pop up blocker I am running is the recently installed SP 2. ... Disabling the firewall has no effect. ... Reran the test of executing the sample flash files (these were ...
  • Re: Anyone know how?
    ... The Proxomitron is probably the single most effective & efficient ... The IE PopUp Blocker is just that - a *PopUp* Blocker. ... >> There is probably away to do it but pop ups are no being written ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)