Re: Best choice for free personnal firewall ?

From: Vic Dura (vpdura_at_CLUTTERhiwaay.net)
Date: 05/05/05

    Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:13:20 -0500

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:03:52 +0200, in comp.security.firewalls RE:
    Best choice for free personnal firewall ? Damien
    <damienouebePAS-DE@SPAMlaposte.net> wrote:

    >What other free solutions are serious enough? I've heard negative
    >critics on ZoneAlarm and the FW included in Win XP SP2, but more
    >positive on Sygate PF?

    I tried Sygate PF and I liked it except for the massive traffic log
    file it generated from the other two computers on my home workgroup
    LAN. Even though I had a rule allowing all traffic from the IP
    addresses of the two other computers, it logged all the traffic that
    it saw from them and I couldn't see a way to turn that off. I found it
    annoying, but you may not object to it.