Re: Can Norton Internet Security 2003 Be Editing HTML Pages?

From: Nomad (nomad_at_nospam.net)
Date: 05/03/05

Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 00:37:58 GMT

Lars M. Hansen wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2005 15:53:22 -0400, Arthur Hagen spoketh
>

>>Eugene F. <pm771.am@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Reply,
>>>
>>>OP was asking about NIS 2003 (not 2005). I don't believe it has an
>>>"Anti-Spam" component.
>>
>>It has had that component since 2001. They've just not sold it as a
>>separate product.
>

> I'm guessing that you mean the ad-blocking component, not the spam
> filter, as the later applies to e-mail not web pages...

I use Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and it will block ads with certain
default dimensions. Check your log under "Content Blocking" to see it
that is what has happened at this site. If so, you should be able to
disable ad-blocking for that site under Options|Web Content. Note that
this is for NPF 2003, but I believe from previous posts that the
firewall in NIS 2003 is the same or very similar.