Re: new ZoneAlarm won't hold settings

From: skydiver (abso_at_lut.ely)
Date: 05/01/05

Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 07:25:32 GMT

"Jbob" <nobody@SpamCox.net> wrote in message
news:-5-dndB9V5sqBu7fRVn-1A@comcast.com...
> "Joe Canuck" <Joe.Canuck@-remove-gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> If you cannot find it there, you can find it here:
>>
>> http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/znalm/zaReleaseHistory.html
>>
>> I noted in the release notes they added support for XP SP2 starting with
>> version 5.1.011. I'm not sure exactly sure if that means prior versions
>> will not work with XP SP2 -or- perhaps something else.
>>
> I think what ZoneLabs means by supporting SP2 is that WinXP with SP2 will
> now recongnize those versions of ZA as a software firewall in the Security
> Center.
>
> And to skydiver the version of ZA that most seem to be happy with is
> 4.5.594.000. That was the last version before the v 5.0 series(I think).

I tried that one (4.5.594.000) and it wouldn't install on my Windows XP Home
(SP2). Gave some kind of error message and aborted.

--
skydiver
(this space intentionally left blank)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: new ZoneAlarm wont hold settings
    ... > I noted in the release notes they added support for XP SP2 starting with ... I'm not sure exactly sure if that means prior versions ... I think what ZoneLabs means by supporting SP2 is that WinXP with SP2 will ... And to skydiver the version of ZA that most seem to be happy with is ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: 4/12/05 vs. Tax Professionals Deadline of 4/15/05. WHAAAAAT!!
    ... Well, my dear OzieBill, the answer to your question is a very simple one. ... Ever since opening up my own office over ten years ago, ... support since opening my office in 1994. ... dealing with installing SP2 until after April 15th. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need SP2 Stand Alone Complete IE 6 install Package
    ... > world of Windows) IE 6. ... I do not want to try to uninstall SP2 ... > Software/Hardware support engineer. ... on Advanced and choose Download only. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Wainig for latest service pack
    ... but - know that she is on a mission to educate certain folks about the impact this SP2 scenario has on small businesses. ... it's SOP for the CSS rep to send you an email prior to connecting to your server. ... The decision you took to bring in local support was yours to take, but doesn't change the CSS position. ... destroys my trust on Microsoft totally. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows XP Networking Problems - Solution
    ... >>something to do with SP2. ... >included with the PA301/101 acts as a software router. ... >you if they can support the PA301 with SP2. ... >My suggestion would be, as I repeat over and over, to use an Ethernet ...