Re: Jetico Firewall (free)

From: Kerodo (loopback_at_localhost.com)
Date: 04/25/05

Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:42:35 -0700

In article <7ZKdnWFyAPnJuvHfRVn-uA@comcast.com>, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)
@nada.com.invalid> says...

> Thanks for your feedback.
> I will wait for a newer version, and then I will back up my system just before I
> try it.
> I now use ZA Pro, but would like to try another FA that uses less resources.
> But, then again, ZA Pro doesn't slow down my system, as far as I can tell.

I am using ZA Pro right now also, and it's using around 9 megs of ram.
You won't get all that much lower with Jetico, maybe just a couple of
megs less.

With Jetico, you have to like rules more or less, and you have to also
be willing to play with it, answer a LOT of prompts, and tweak it till
you get it where you want. Once you reach that point, it works fairly
well all around. I've used it off and on for about 8 months, trying
each new release.

But ZA is much easier to deal with overall. If you have no great need
for the control that Jetico offers, then you might want to just stick
with ZA.

I have never had it do anything weird or harm my system (Win2k) thru 8
months of beta's and final releases. But some people have had problems.
A backup is wise.

--
Kerodo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Jetico Firewall (free)
    ... >> Thanks for your feedback. ... >> I now use ZA Pro, but would like to try another FA that uses less resources. ... > With Jetico, you have to like rules more or less, and you have to also ... > A backup is wise. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Re: average & iserror formula
    ... and many thanks for the feedback - always much appreciated by ... Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
  • Re: Boston Butt - Second Try
    ... BigJ, he's the definition of pro cooker.> ... Thanks for your feedback. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Lessons
    ... I am seriously looking for feedback though. ... spending a few hundred dollars for some one on one instructional time ... with one such pro (not a huge name, but one that most RGPers will ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)