Re: Nasty warez crack

From: T. Sean Weintz (strap_at_hanh-ct.org)
Date: 04/19/05

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:00:40 -0400

Todger wrote:
> I picked up a warez crack recently that gives itself permission
> to pass through a firewall. It doesn't come up as having a known
> virus or trojan. Is there anywhere I can send the thing to be
> analyzed?

LOL.

Most likely it IS a trojan.

As far as getting it analyzed... think about it for second. It's an
illegal thing. What reputable comany is going to look at it and put a
stamp of approval on it?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Nasty warez crack
    ... >> I picked up a warez crack recently that gives itself permission ... >> to pass through a firewall. ... > Most likely it IS a trojan. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Nasty warez crack
    ... I picked up a warez crack recently that gives itself permission ... to pass through a firewall. ... virus or trojan. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojans and ADWARE / NORTON
    ... | I just installed Norton Personal Firewall 2002 recently and under ... | Firewall/Internet Access Control there's a Configure button where I find ... open one of the default Trojan rules and take a good look at it. ... subsequently shows up as "Unused Port Blocking" or "Implicit Block Rule", ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojans and ADWARE / NORTON
    ... > | I just installed Norton Personal Firewall 2002 recently and under ... open one of the default Trojan rules and take a good look at it. ... > security alert pop-out) if someone 'appears' to be attempting to do this. ... > list you used to get to the Trojan Block rule settings). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Advice Needed, Best Practices to Elim. XP Virus
    ... Backdoor is a trojan not a virus... ... Enable the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall... ... Delete your cookies and temporary internet files after each session. ...