Re: ADSL connection dropping randomly

From: Foxy (Foxy_at_anadoo.com)
Date: 04/19/05

    Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:04:07 +0000 (UTC)

    Richard E. Silverman wrote:

    > There doesn't appear to be any reason for this thread to be on comp.security.ssh.

    If yr modem is a USB extrnl check the current it is drawing (Device
    Manager>USB controllers>USB root hub). I had this problem & resolved it
    by using a powered hub.
      Foxy

    • Re: ADSL connection dropping randomly
      ... If yr modem is a USB extrnl check the current it is drawing (Device ... Manager>USB controllers>USB root hub). ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: ADSL connection dropping randomly
      ... If yr modem is a USB extrnl check the current it is drawing (Device ... Manager>USB controllers>USB root hub). ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: 20-30 sec surfing lag after short idle time?
      ... Modem connects directly to your PC? ... Sounds like your NIC or USB ... Root hub is "Napping" and the delay you note is due to the ... and tons of drive space on 2 drives. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Windows XP Home - clean install - problem with broadband
      ... "Sharon F" wrote: ... I've installed all the latest drivers for the modem. ... As the USB modem and dial up are having the same ... > You may find that you have more than one USB Root Hub in Device Manager. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)