apps that constantly want access

From: Western Pacific (nunjo_at_-.com)
Date: 04/17/05

Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:43:05 GMT

just what is it with these apps that demand internet access evertime
they launch? when you dont allow them access (with zone alarm in my
case) they immediately crash (like some spoiled child throwing a
crying tantrum) is there any way to run these apps WITHOUT internet
access and without crashing....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: apps that constantly want access
    ... >> just what is it with these apps that demand internet access evertime ... when you dont allow them access (with zone alarm in my ... just have to remember to temporarily disable the rule when installing ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: apps that constantly want access
    ... > just what is it with these apps that demand internet access evertime ... > they launch? ... Could be checking for vital security updates to the application. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is water cooling safe???
    ... I am a bit puzzled that you said you cant run all those apps at the ... should be power to spare. ... at once and that dont include having as many as 20 browser windows ... allow for the use of Dos, and I tend to still use many dos apps. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: [patch] x86, mm: pass in total to __copy_from_user_*nocache()
    ... then you still would want nontemporal stores. ... I dont disagree that it would be nice to handle that case too, ... the kernel can act on it reasonably. ... for important cases we allow apps to set attributes ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: explorer exe error
    ... Norton and Zone Alarm are not exactly always compatible or cooperative ... with Windows. ... And ABSOLUTELY these apps SHOULD NOT run ... If you can't repair IE in the normal fashion then you will ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)