Blocking foreign subnets

From: John (duckdive_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/13/05

Date: 12 Apr 2005 16:01:36 -0700

Does anyone know of a way to easily block foreign subnets? i.e. I only
want our firewall to answer to US based subnets. Our logs show that
most attacks are coming from foreign sources. Ideally, I'd like to
have them broken down by country, and I've found databases online for
sale. Are there any reliable free subnet/country databases available?
And, what are your thoughts on something like this?

On that note, does anyone know of a firewall with this feature built
in? Or would the blocking firewall still be susceptible to attacks?

John

Relevant Pages

  • Routing issue on Solaris
    ... I've added static routes via the route command (not what I ... and have added the proper allow rules to the firewall software. ... When I try to run traceroute to these new subnets, ... The box is running Solaris 7, Checkpoint 4.1, and has 9 interfaces. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Sharing Directories and Printers over a VPN Connection
    ... With having multiple subnets in an SBS environment something you'll want to ... Server Windows Firewall and right click and select Edit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Workgroup is not accessible.
    ... I cannot access the Workgroup. ... you will not have firewalls connecting subnets. ... NAT router with a firewall, and this is wrong for 2 reasons. ...
  • Re: Multi-homed MSCS servers
    ... The cluster is presently assigned an IP ... adress on one of the four subnets. ... The customer has installed a firewall between all the subnets in order to ... it appears that client requests coming from the subnets remote to the one ...
  • Re: Server/OS or Appliance - which is best
    ... >> The company I work for is looking at upgrading its firewall and I'm ... >> Cisco PIX firewall appliance. ... > subnets or restrict access to more than one area. ... > webpages dedicated to their use (especially with freebsd) and a lot more ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)