Re: Think that China is reading here to.

From: anders (andersajja_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/08/05

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:01:02 GMT

"Moe Trin" <ibuprofin@painkiller.example.tld> skrev i meddelandet
news:slrnd5b52r.3lr.ibuprofin@compton.phx.az.us...
> In article <5%65e.21559$d5.158210@newsb.telia.net>, anders wrote:
>>
>>"Moe Trin" <ibuprofin@painkiller.example.tld> skrev i meddelandet

>>Becuse my firewall whas overrun by call's mostley att the 1026/1027
>>gate's,
>
> UDP or TCP?

61.172.249.200 was trying UDP

>>but there was onley this 61.172.249.200 that I counted for about 25
>>time's
>>and the other was only trying a couple time's and on different gate's.
>>There was even this attemt to install msql- worms and some overflow
>>attemts.
>>
>>> Why would you think that?
>
> I'm sorry, but I misunderstood your meaning. Actually I don't think
> that many people who are producing or running mal-ware really read this
> group that much.
>
>>> Well, that's great, but that's 18 addresses. You'd be abusing the
>>> whois server if you went step by step like that.
>
>>I will never abuse any whois or arpanet servers.
>
> Again, I misunderstood your meaning. In the history of blocklisting,
> things started out by blocking specific hosts that were being abusive.
> As more hosts from the same area of address space, people decided to try
> to block all space from an entity (a company, or ISP. or similar). As
> the problem got larger, some people have decided to block whole countries
> or even regions of the world.
>
> This is not an easy task, because address blocks were not assigned with
> this thought - looking at the block from 202.0.0.0 to 202.255.255.255, I
> see there are 2976 assignments to 45 different countries from the Western
> side of the Indian Ocean to Hawaii. There really is no pattern to the
> assignments. Also, many domain names do not reflect the country or region
> where they come from. There are literally thousands of companies with a
> .com
> domain in China or Chile or Belarus or Belize. Also as many have noticed,
> not all network administrators follow the rules that _require_ reverse
> DNS (IP to name) tables.
>
>>> [compton ~]$ grep -h CN IP.ADDR/stats/* | cut -d' ' -f2 | cut -d'.' -f1
>>> |
>>> sort | uniq -c | column
>
>>Sorry but this is like throwing pearl at a pig.
>
> First read as "throwing Perl at a pig" (Perl is called the "Swiss Army
> Chainsaw" of scripting languages). Actually, this is an example of the
> way Unix tools are used - each tool can do one task very well, but you
> can chain commands together to do what appear to be very complicated
> tasks.
> Perl is another tool that would also do the job, and is available in the
> Windows or Macintosh environment.

Yes I now that, but I do believe that you understand that it was not the
script-language I was thinking of in the first place.

>>I have find this book "Learning GNU/LINUX" by Linus Walleij who mybe can
>>get
>>me over the next hill.
>
> When you look at the hill, it seems VERY steep. Just take one step at a
> time,
> and you will reach the top of the hill. I have a number of years
> experience,
> and the reason I show the commands like above is so that people can see
> how it is done.

But like the child, I now there is something on the table, but I canīt get
it yet.

>>My knowledge is a bit poor but I am reding a lot here and on other
>>newsgroups, I have done this for almost a year now.
>
> Knowing how (or even why) to ask a whois server shows that you are
> learning
> well. Please continue. This is good!
>
> Old guy

Thankīs this is meaning a lot to me.
Andersajja

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT The Muhammed Cartoons
    ... <snip rehash which I already addressed that I might have misunderstood ... who had nothing to do with the cartoon are acting totally uncivilized ... of outrage at the taking and brutal killing if innocent civilians. ... Let me go real slow in case I miss some hidden meaning here... ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • RE: Office 2003 admin update problem
    ... > installation you missed the admin server. ... If I have misunderstood your ... > meaning, ... > Administrative Installation of Office 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Semantics
    ... words to be misunderstood. ... We're conducting a conversation with people we have, in the main, never met, and know very little about except what they choose to reveal. ... So it's very easy for words used neutrally and benignly to be taken as laden with specific meaning or to indicate a specific mindset when the meaning wasn't there nor was the mindset. ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: Trackers Second Review Response
    ... >> IMHO Language as it is written and spoken is constantly changing and ... As long as you get your meaning across, ... > The above statement can easily be misunderstood in a variety ... This is common with the written word but less common with the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trackers Second Review Response
    ... >> IMHO Language as it is written and spoken is constantly changing and ... As long as you get your meaning across, ... > The above statement can easily be misunderstood in a variety ... This is common with the written word but less common with the ...
    (alt.computer.security)