Re: Looking for "website filter" in a "software firewall"

From: Chuck (none_at_example.net)
Date: 04/06/05

Date: 6 Apr 2005 09:58:03 -0500

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:25:04 -0500, dak
<comp-security-firewalls@spamtrap.cjb.net> wrote:

>On 5 Apr 2005 09:57:01 -0500, Chuck <none@example.net> wrote:
>
>>These are all you need:
>>http://216.92.207.177/toolbox
>>http://69.2.200.183/
>
> In case anyone was/is leery of clicking on "unknown" IP addresses:
>
><http://216.92.207.177/toolbox> = <http://all-nettools.com/toolbox>
><http://69.2.200.183/> = <http://www.dnsstuff.com/>
>
> These sites are safe and legit. :o)

Thanks for translating. I hate IP addressed URLs, almost as much as I hate
SnipURL / TinyURL / etc. For cases where your DNS server isn't available, or
isn't reliable (Cache Poisoned maybe), those ip addresses may be useful though.

--
Cheers,
Chuck

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Proud of this post
    ... Man my ignorance is really showing today. ... tinyurl (google) had never heard about that before. ... I hate to do this but I have to ask ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Loading a form with code
    ... FWIW, I *hate* TinyURL. ... Call it paranoia, ...
  • Re: Novel shows profit
    ... birre wrote: ... I don't prefer tinyurl since I will see where I'm going before I click, ... I hate the part, because it makes itmuch harder to copy and paste. ... My pupils have never been tinier... ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)