Problems while connectiing via proxy server

From: Roland (
Date: 04/06/05

Date: 6 Apr 2005 07:47:22 -0700

Hello there
I have some problems related to Proxy Server. Let me explain my
problem first.
I wanted to connect to Internet through Proxy Server, So I installed
CCProxy Server on one machine which is on LAN.In order to connect to
proxy, I set the proxy server address and port in Tools - Option of
Internet Explorer. As well as I changed the default gateway ( Go to
Lan Connection - Properties Internet Protocols (TCP\IP) to IP address
of machine where proxy server is installed. This is to route the
traffic through Proxy server. After that when I opened Internet
Explore, I was able to browser internet. But when I tried to ping any
IPaddress except IP address of machines on LAN didnot work. I
was not able to ping any website. As well as I am using one SMTP
componenet, it didnot work also when I put mail server, But did work
when I put IP address of mail server. Why DNS does not work when I
connected via proxy server ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Time sync, Updates, and Media Center
    ... BTW the error is an "Installation error" I go to microsoft updates, ... You do not know the proxy server name or its IP address and/or ... Your IT staff has given permission to specify these in your Internet ... Explorer window or you can find these LAN Settings in the Internet ...
  • web browsing in production environment - a journey through comfort and security
    ... the risks and the most comfortable way for users to browse the internet.. ... - a squid proxy server ... with trend micro web security suite and squidguard for some url filtering ... we limit the active content of websites via microsoft group policies. ...
  • Re: Update Error
    ... The proxy server settings on each client, for the service and not the browser ... Close all Internet browser windows, no matter what flavor, but maintain ...
  • RE: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.
    ... as I would think home networks are not proxied and filtered. ... GPO that forces users to use a proxy server. ... proxy sever for there internet access in the company, ...
  • RE: 401.2 Errors
    ... Select "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" option in IE and try ... Open IIS snap-in. ... same name that you use to connect to the Web site from the Internet. ...