Problems while connectiing via proxy server

From: Roland (ajay.sonawane_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/06/05

Date: 6 Apr 2005 07:47:22 -0700

Hello there
I have some problems related to Proxy Server. Let me explain my
problem first.
I wanted to connect to Internet through Proxy Server, So I installed
CCProxy Server on one machine which is on LAN.In order to connect to
proxy, I set the proxy server address and port in Tools - Option of
Internet Explorer. As well as I changed the default gateway ( Go to
Lan Connection - Properties Internet Protocols (TCP\IP) to IP address
of machine where proxy server is installed. This is to route the
traffic through Proxy server. After that when I opened Internet
Explore, I was able to browser internet. But when I tried to ping any
IPaddress except IP address of machines on LAN ...it didnot work. I
was not able to ping any website. As well as I am using one SMTP
componenet, it didnot work also when I put mail server, But did work
when I put IP address of mail server. Why DNS does not work when I
connected via proxy server ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Time sync, Updates, and Media Center
    ... BTW the error is an "Installation error" I go to microsoft updates, ... You do not know the proxy server name or its IP address and/or ... Your IT staff has given permission to specify these in your Internet ... Explorer window or you can find these LAN Settings in the Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • web browsing in production environment - a journey through comfort and security
    ... the risks and the most comfortable way for users to browse the internet.. ... - a squid proxy server ... with trend micro web security suite and squidguard for some url filtering ... we limit the active content of websites via microsoft group policies. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Update Error
    ... The proxy server settings on each client, for the service and not the browser ... Close all Internet browser windows, no matter what flavor, but maintain ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.
    ... as I would think home networks are not proxied and filtered. ... GPO that forces users to use a proxy server. ... proxy sever for there internet access in the company, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: 401.2 Errors
    ... Select "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" option in IE and try ... Open IIS snap-in. ... same name that you use to connect to the Web site from the Internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)