Re: Blackice Firewall

From: Duane Arnold (Notme_at_Notme.com)
Date: 04/03/05

    Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 21:43:06 GMT

    "Redmond du Barrymond" <redmond@STUFFIT.invalid> wrote in message
    news:qam051h74bc9fj96i4jd5f77jr6cqliaol@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 18:28:09 GMT, Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>BlackIce has had its problems along with the rest of them and is no worst
    >>than the others IMHO. Anything that's running with the O/S and is facing
    >>the Internet is very vulnerable to attack period. PFW(s) should not be
    >>called FW(s) when used to protect a single machine with a direct
    >>connection
    >>to the Internet as they are not separating two networks. I don't know what
    >>you can call it but it's not a FW in the true sense of being a FW.;-)
    >>
    >>Duane :)
    >
    > Where's all the other threads recommending Black Ice then? Ding! Ding!
    > Ding! Anyone home?

    Once again, only someone with some technical expertise really knows how to
    use BI effectively and apparently you have none to speak of. You're a
    clueless home user running around loose in the NG. You ran to the Gibson
    site of all things to run too for some supporting evidence and did a little
    reading and think you know something.

    http://www.more.net/technical/netserv/tcpip/firewalls/
    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1663

    BI just happens to combine the two technologies.

    You need to do a little reading and learn and basically stop posting
    non-sense and insulting people like you're some kind of *clown* from *Hell*.

    The same BI engine for the pc is the same one that's being used in some
    ISS's enterprise IDS solutions.

    Duane :)

    • Children learning online?
      ... using the Internet has joined ... standardized reading tests at the beginning of the study. ... online reading may enhance skills that traditional book ... reading doesn't tap, says Donald Leu, PhD, the John and Maria Neag ...
      (uk.philosophy.humanism)
    • Re: Myopia and reading
      ... You slam Ace for his suggestions (he made two: about reading glasses, ... You say "i suggest you DON'T believe someone on the internet." ... I'll take your advice. ...
      (sci.med.vision)
    • Re: OT? Possibly, but if it goes ahead, you might not be reading this group at all:(
      ... Don't let the EU parliament lock up the Internet! ... If your reading skills are not up to ... I'm afraid my reading skills, IQ, and patience weren't quite up to ...
      (uk.media.tv.misc)
    • Re: Juggling Muscle Pain (severe)
      ... >The internet is great for reading about health topics that can help you ... I wouldn't disagree with that. ... I think you should be as informed as possible and reading up online ... same as getting a second opinion, it's just another way to become more ...
      (rec.juggling)
    • Re: Greenhouse Lies
      ... >And there is no internet, what you are reading now is only to be seen ... >YOUR monitor. ... >Sometimes extraneous print will show up on your screen and give the ...
      (uk.politics.misc)