Re: Spyware and LAN client-server maintenance

From: Dan (spamyou_at_user.nec)
Date: 03/13/05

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:12:54 -0700

GoBack is fantastic in 98SE for me. I will use Antispyware Beta from
Microsoft to try and fix my Commerical keylogger in XPPRO.

"TV-Engineer" <eric-address@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
: Software that returns a computer to 'original state on a boot is Go-Back
: from Symantec.
:
: For cleaning the computers, try Microsoft's AntiSpyware Beta. It runs in
: the background and updates automatically.
:
: "FRAN" <fran_beta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:1110698926.590463.302140@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
: > Our school has just recently taken delivery of a number of Dell PCs
: > (1.7 GHZ, 40GB HDD, 256 RAM) that are going to be running WINDOWS 2000
: > NT NOS. Our system is set up so that our student users don't have
: > right-mouse outside of applications such as MS-Office. Students have no
: > right to alter "c:\".
: >
: > We are going to ghost a machine and use that clone the image to the
: > remaining 20 systems.
: >
: > Students have access to the web (with some restrictions imposed by the
: > requyired filtering systems) but our principle problems are spyware,
: > and of course the ususal viruses, trojans and so forth. We are running
: > Symantec with live upadates for these latter, but we still get a lot of
: > problems with unwanted plug-ins (eg "whenusearch" attaching to
: > Explorer).
: >
: > A couple of questions come to mind.
: >
: > I'm considering installing Adaware, and Spybot S&D on the original
: > machine from which the ghost will be created. Are these the most
: > time-efficient, user-friendly and effective Malware products?
: >
: > Is reghosting from a pristine or defragged machine an adequate
: > maintenance alternative to defragmenting and disk clean up or are there
: > good reasons for going around and deleting unnecessary programs and
: > temp files before running scandisk and defrag better in some measurable
: > way?
: >
: > I'm trying to ensure I spend as little time fiddling as possible,
: > because, in practice time comes to us teachers in bits and pieces and
: > getting half way through a task and having to do something else is
: > quite common.
: >
:
:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Spyware and LAN client-server maintenance
    ... Thank you and Go-Back is great and I now use Microsoft's AntiSpyware Beta ... :> Students have access to the web (with some restrictions imposed by the ... :> maintenance alternative to defragmenting and disk clean up or are there ...
  • Re: Spyware and LAN client-server maintenance
    ... Thank you and Go-Back is great and I now use Microsoft's AntiSpyware Beta ... :> Students have access to the web (with some restrictions imposed by the ... :> maintenance alternative to defragmenting and disk clean up or are there ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Spyware and LAN client-server maintenance
    ... > Students have access to the web (with some restrictions imposed by ... some very good reason that they must be available. ... > maintenance alternative to defragmenting and disk clean up or are ... > I'm trying to ensure I spend as little time fiddling as possible, ...
  • Re: Spyware and LAN client-server maintenance
    ... > Students have access to the web (with some restrictions imposed by ... some very good reason that they must be available. ... > maintenance alternative to defragmenting and disk clean up or are ... > I'm trying to ensure I spend as little time fiddling as possible, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Spyware and LAN client-server maintenance
    ... try Microsoft's AntiSpyware Beta. ... :> Students have access to the web (with some restrictions imposed by the ... :> maintenance alternative to defragmenting and disk clean up or are there ... :> I'm trying to ensure I spend as little time fiddling as possible, ...