Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall

rrweis_at_lycos.com
Date: 03/06/05

Date: 6 Mar 2005 13:38:41 -0800

Ian Pollard wrote:
> Hi
> I have tried a few different firewalls and tested them with
> Gibson Research Shields Up. Up to now, the Windows built in firewall
> seems to perform best. Am I missing something here as Windows
Firewall
> doesn't seem to get a good reception around here?
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Pollard//Wooler//Northumberland//UK
> m0flc@yahoo.co.uk

You should try the leak test at Gibson Ranch to see if outbound is
open, me, I used winxp firewall latest and had several problems,
switched to a low cost firewall and everything has settled down, zone
alarm keeps saying that remote computers have tried to connect , ect so
many times , plus many have been serious, with my new firewall, there
has been zero attempts,,,