Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall

rrweis_at_lycos.com
Date: 03/06/05

Date: 6 Mar 2005 13:38:41 -0800

Ian Pollard wrote:
> Hi
> I have tried a few different firewalls and tested them with
> Gibson Research Shields Up. Up to now, the Windows built in firewall
> seems to perform best. Am I missing something here as Windows
Firewall
> doesn't seem to get a good reception around here?
>
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Pollard//Wooler//Northumberland//UK
> m0flc@yahoo.co.uk

You should try the leak test at Gibson Ranch to see if outbound is
open, me, I used winxp firewall latest and had several problems,
switched to a low cost firewall and everything has settled down, zone
alarm keeps saying that remote computers have tried to connect , ect so
many times , plus many have been serious, with my new firewall, there
has been zero attempts,,,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium
    ... "spat61" wrote in message ... just use the Windows built in firewall. ... Vista advanced firewall settings has outbound protection too but last time I tried messing around with that it blocked Vista's own Windows update software. ...
  • Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium
    ... just use the Windows built in firewall. ... Vista's built-in firewall is perfectly adequate for most people. ... Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user. ...
  • Re: Firewall for x64 Vista Home Premium
    ... just use the Windows built in firewall. ... Sphinx's Vista Firewall Control http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/) is a piece of freeware that makes the Vista Firewall much more easily manageable to the average user. ...
  • Re: Router no longer forwarding on any port
    ... sp2 and it was the windows built in firewall that was causing the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall
    ... "Ian Pollard" wrote in message ... Am I missing something here as Windows Firewall ... If you are not 100% sure of this then you need an external firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)