Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall

From: bassbag (bassbag_at_bodybags.dragon.wales)
Date: 03/03/05

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:14:40 -0000

In article <422505bb$0$971$44c9b20d@news2.asahi-net.or.jp>,
vogt@spamcop.net says...
> > It is opinion...As ive already mentioned my firewall uses less resources
> > than my AV.Look n stop or kerio 2.1.5 uses far less cpu and memory than
> > most Avs .
>
> Again, your's is your opinion and your experience which may not match
> with the general experience. I conclude from the experiences I have seen
> and it is thus not any more just my opinion. It is a fact that they
> cause a lot of problems and consume much CPU. You use Kerio 2 so you are
> not updated to the current state of the art. 5 years ago PFWs were not
> that intrusive and they had to work with the computers that were made at
> that time. Try upgrading to Kerio 4...>

Kerio 2.1.5 firewall engine version is dated 30 april 2003 (less than 2
years old)...the drivers version 3 created 15 april 2002 (less than 3
years old) so please again, dont generalise about 5 years ago.The point
is that it has outgoin application filtering, and doesnt use 75% cpu
usage that you seem to suggest all application firewalls consumes.Perhaps
your inability to configure NIS properly , reflects your opinion that ALL
application firewalls cause problems.
me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Agnitum Outpost FW users?
    ... > opinion of the product? ... please share your opinions about this firewall. ... I am a bit used to Kerio, ... considering switching to Outpost. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall
    ... > difference if you uninstall the PFW? ... > and it is thus not any more just my opinion. ... Try upgrading to Kerio 4... ... > experiences with many computers from many people. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [SLE] SuseFirewall2 or IPTables, is there a difference
    ... >We can go all day long and discuss which firewalls are better. ... >It's a matter of opinion and what you are comfortable with, ... This is the most often recommended resource on the netfilter ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: XP pro
    ... We have heard your opinion, ... for whatever reasons they may have? ... > I do not share Fefe's opinion not to run Windows at all. ... Please provide proof where Kerio Personal Firewall was unable ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: telnet into port 25
    ... Quote "I don't have Warm and Fuzzy Feelings about MS firewalls" ... I'm entitled to an Opinion aren't I? ... You have the Quote "SBS Rocks", and I didn't Slam you for saying that? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)