Re: Silly router problem

From: Hansang Bae (
Date: 02/27/05

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:59:28 GMT

||III wrote:

> In article <>,
> Zoltan <> wrote:
> > Could someone please tell me what is causing this silly problem:
> >
> > connected through an ISDN router, my mail client can't fetch mails
> > from my mail server (we have a domain hosted by one of the
> > companies). Oddly enough, after i try to connect to the mail server
> > through my browser (and get the message that no website is
> > configured on this address), the mail client is able to connect to
> > the server for several minutes. After that period, it's not
> > possible anymore for the mail client to connect to the mail server
> > (the attempt times-out...) unless i 'open' again the connection
> > with the browser.
> >
> > Both computers, mine and my girlfriend's, are affected (MacOS
> > 10.3.5) by this problem. My knowledge of networking is very basic
> > so i did never mess with the firewall settings on the router -
> > however, the problem is still persistent after reseting the router
> > to factory defaults.
> >
> > Oddly enough, all other trafic, web, ftp, news, IM, is working
> > flawlessly as well as fetching mail from my other mail account on
> > another domain - the problem is only with this one server while
> > connecting to it through our ISDN router (no problems with the same
> > ISP and dial-up connection).
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help or hints.

You're missing some vital info. What hardware? What is the config?
For all I know, you haven't setup your ISDN to trigger on smtp traffic
(what Cisco calls 'interesting' traffic). But w/o the config, we won't
know for sure. Or it could be that your mail program is finicky and
you need to buffer more packets while the ISDN is coming up.

  • Re: Silly router problem
    ... > my mail server. ... > mail client is able to connect to the server for several minutes. ... > connection with the browser. ... > connecting to it through our ISDN router (no problems with the same ISP ...
  • Re: Problem with SonicWall VPN client and Zyxel ISDN router
    ... Make sure that you go to My Identity: Internet interface in the ... It's possible that your ISDN router doesn't support UDP 500 and IP ... There is a Log Viewer in the VPN client software that can help you ...
  • Re: what sort of ADSL modem?
    ... I have a DI-304 ISDN router, and I now have an ADSL connection to Zen. ... I'd like to get an ADSL modem that can let the ISDN router use the ...
  • Re: ISDN connection to N-class
    ... I need to replace a modem connection I have on an N-class server with an ... Do i simply buy an ISDN terminal adapter and configure ... I recommend an ISDN router, like the 3COM OfficeConnect LAN Modem. ... and the model with the BRI S/T interface is for every place else. ...
  • Re: vnc/ssh over ISDN
    ... > I have some machines that I want to connect to via ISDN. ... I have a similar setup. ... My ISDN router logs messages to my server. ...