Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?

From: Gerald Vogt (vogt_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 02/22/05

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:43:35 +0900

Lars-Erik ěsterud wrote:
> But with a router/firewall, ZoneAlarm, avast! anti-virus, and regular
> scan with AdAware and Spybot S&D the system should be fairly clean :-)

This is exactly the sentence that people want to believe so that they do
not have to worry about security. If you computer is clean or not
depends on what the user does...

Gerald

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... Lars-Erik ěsterud wrote: ... not have to worry about security. ... Gerald ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Avast or Zone Alarm using proxy server?
    ... Lars-Erik ěsterud wrote: ... not have to worry about security. ... Gerald ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Computer advice please?
    ... > But why worry about security ?? ... > firewalls like locks on bikes are there "to keep honest people honest" or ... DISABLE password reminders in your browsers (EI, Netscape, ... Don't worry to much about it" ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Hopefully not too OT
    ... I certainly do appreciate all of the good responses to this. ... Phishing is indeed a worry I have to address as best I can, ... But I feel that IT security will ultimately be held responsible for any identity theft which may occur(especially if it is ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: help! needed pop up
    ... What you should do is check your security. ... should be using a firewall. ... anti-spyware like Ad-aware ). ... Don't worry too much, but DO check the security of your computer, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)