Outpost conflicts with other firewalls even when they aren't running?

gaikokujinkyofusho_at_gmail.com
Date: 02/21/05

Date: 20 Feb 2005 20:15:12 -0800

Hi, I wanted to try outpost (been looking for an all-in-one solution
for add/cookie filtering and firewall-security) but I tried installing
it and when I did my computer started up but was never able to connect
to the network. I did have MS firewall (guess it can't be
uninstalled) and Sygate but I had disabled both of them, but my
computer refused to connect until I had uninstalled outpost. Is this
due to having the other firewalls installed (They were disabled, I
checked running processes to make sure), or are other people that
don't have other firewalls installed having the same problem? Any
help/suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

-Gaiko

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ask EU: Inability to access Real Player and BBC web sites
    ... And apart from Lunar my magnification program not working at all, not even installing, every single program was working absolutely perfectly. ... While I was away Toodles spoke to the company who supply this expensive program and after a *lot* of fiddling about and with their phone help, ... Two nights ago Didier came and put on the 'security' features for us as it wasn't obvious what had to be done. ... Windows Firewall may be conflicting with any other firewalls Didier installed? ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: hardware firewall
    ... > comment was about firewalls and security based on his question. ... about installing a hardware firewall outside his wintendo boc) ... > server on anything, or that you've never run it on a quality hardware ... I mean down-time of an additional windows machine, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Wired Vs Wireless Network
    ... (both installing firewalls) ... >>it also installed McAcfee Security program. ... > developed UPnP routers, it was a nice start, but UPnP is better. ...
  • Re: Firewall and Home Network
    ... and with minimal configuration hassle to boot! ... > Most of the personal firewalls are too difficult to configure and use ... > properly by the average home user but hopefully this will change in the ... >> The other good reason for installing a desktop firewall is to manage ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: online diallers
    ... > Despite installing the Tiny firewall, ... I thought firewalls prevented this ... with restricted zone as the highest. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)