Re: Netbios questions...

From: dak (comp-security-firewalls_at_spamtrap.cjb.net)
Date: 02/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:08:19 -0600

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:19:27 -0800, Kerodo <loopback@localhost.com>
wrote:

>Can someone explain a few things about Netbios for me? I'm running a Win2k
>machine here, no router, connected to the internet via a cable modem. The
>usual software firewalls. I was playing around today and am confused about
>a few things now.

 This might be of some help to you - start at
<http://www.grc.com/su-explain.htm>, which is page 2, and work your way
to page 5, paying especially close attention to pages 4 and 5.
 I think you'll find your explanations/answers there, with some
suggestions/directions on changes you can make.

--
 dak
 My SpywareBlaster Custom Blocking List:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Obviously you have nothing better to with your life, Larry?
    ... it looks like you spend more time on the internet ... miles away playing a money game with about 20-30 people watching. ... this is how I learned about the death of one my best friends. ... instructional clinics, a forthcoming straight pool dvd, etc. ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: Trying to Get My Home Network Back Up
    ... connected to the Internet port and the 3 PC cables connected to slots one two ... The device is a Linksys Broadband Firewall Router with 4-Port switch and VPN ... > If the device that connects to your cable modem is a router, ...
  • Re: How to get my 2 ethernet cards to work
    ... If you have a cable modem that connects to an ethernet ... which connects to the internet. ... that with the almighty Linux, known to be a network OS, how could it ... > deeply wrong here and I need to fix it before taking a single step ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: IP address
    ... An Internet Service Provider such as RCN has no way of proving an ... If it's a cable modem, ... computer can only be truly identified if logs are kept by the ISP ... This means that any individual with a wireless enabled PC can ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Initial navigation delay
    ... first opening Internet Explorer, before navigation is ... results in the 30-second delay. ... which must access the internet have been experiencing time- ... using a Toshiba Cable Modem PCX2500. ...