Re: Can't connect via VNC from work to home

From: Moe Trin (ibuprofin_at_painkiller.example.tld)
Date: 02/18/05

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:55:00 -0600

In article <Xns95FFDD5A43DE6juergennieveler@nieveler.org>, Juergen Nieveler
wrote:

>Sounds like you either work for a large bank datacenter or an R&D
>facility. Either way, sounds like a nice place indeed :-)

R&D Usually it's pretty good, because the users are not quite as
brain dead. But occasionally, they pull something (almost always
innocent) that makes you want want to take a broadsword out and
make some examples. But the company president says we can't put the
hacked off heads on pikes out by the entrance - something about a
bio-hazard (whatever that is). ;-)

But he may be recalling his visit two years ago, when he brought his
lap-top along, and then decided to check his mail at corporate headquarters
across the country. "Intruder!!! Something running a 3Com NIC... and its
on the mahogany row network" (meaning the VIP offices). We had our usual
SWAT team reaction, meaning the thundering herd of sys-admins and guards.
I don't know which look more intimidating - several of the sys-admins are
2.00 meters and 100 kg and look _ugly_ when unhappy. There were some red
faces, especially because we're enforcing a policy he signed a year or so
earlier, but he's never brought a lap-top here since.

        Old guy