Re: IPtables web interface?? / Life with a dynamic ip...

From: Aussie Fred (fred012_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:05:25 GMT

joshandlinds@gmail.com wrote:

> I ssh to my works' webservers. However, I have a dynamic ip at home and
> have to constantly add my new ip address to the iptables. Is there a
> easy way around this, or is there some sort of backend webscript out
> there for adding ip via a web interface? Any direction or help is
> appriciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Josh

Get yourself an account with a dynamic IP/hostname service for your home
account (eg dyndns) [www.myhomecomputer.dyndns.org] and set up your home
system so it updates the service when the IP is changed

On the work computer run a cron job every 10 minutes to check the IP for
www.myhomecomputer.dyndns.org . If it has changed re-run iptables with the
new IP address.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IPtables web interface?? / Life with a dynamic ip...
    ... > have to constantly add my new ip address to the iptables. ... Get yourself an account with a dynamic IP/hostname service for your home ... If it has changed re-run iptables with the ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: IPtables web interface?? / Life with a dynamic ip...
    ... > have to constantly add my new ip address to the iptables. ... Get yourself an account with a dynamic IP/hostname service for your home ... If it has changed re-run iptables with the ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [opensuse] system seems hacked...
    ... You seem to maintain tcpdump, libpcap, iptables and I sincerely hope that you don't take the same easygoing approach with those. ... I would say a user let someone use his account to run some ... unexpected software. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Is there any way to set iptables as a non-root user?
    ... > iptables as a non root user of the computer. ... User 'root' is there for special tasks (such as ... Newbies in Linux world are often afraid of root account, ... forget about running iptables from account other than root, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: iptables anti-nimda anyone?
    ... Subject: iptables anti-nimda anyone? ... - The user account is activated on probation. ... There are no sweet ways to cure this. ... ISP's that don't cooperate should get no cooperation ...
    (Focus-Linux)