Re: How to check for spyware?

From: Munpe Q (funyon_at_gmail.com)
Date: 02/14/05

Date: 13 Feb 2005 17:32:44 -0800

I use Pest Patrol and Spy Sweeper in combo and together they can clean
a machine very nicely. I've not seen one product do 100%.

I got an email today from 'ebay' saying that someone had attempted to
login to my account unsuccessfully. A few things make this funny. #1
is that I've never opened an ebay account, EVER. #2 was that the
attempt supposedly was from: IP address: 172.25.210.66 ISP Host:
cache-66.proxy.aol.com. I love this one, the source address the most
(for noob's look up RFC 1918). Naturally, if it were real, it's
obviously possible to spoof the source, but this is rich man.

They just keep going and going and going....