Re: Smoothwall firewall

From: gene martinez (njkat_at_eclipse.net)
Date: 02/08/05

    Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:52:54 GMT

    "ObiWan" <anzen.NO@SPAM.gmx.net> wrote:

    >> I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. I use ServersAlive to monitor
    >> my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the
    >> Smoothwall box. I check the lan and wan ip addresses. Today I couldm't
    >> ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. It seemed like the box was
    >> working because I could access the internet, I rebooted the box and
    >> the ping and web page worked... What was wrong with Smoothwall?? I
    >> started a log of the date and time I've rebooted the box to see how
    >> long it will stay up and working. Any pointers/ideas as to what I can
    >> do??
    >
    >Let's try to detect the cause of your problem; restart the monitoring
    >and as soon as you'll see the problem again, move to another
    >machine on the LAN and try pinging and/or accessing the smootie
    >web page, if that works, maybe you have some connectivity issues
    >on your LAN (maybe DHCP related ?)

    Thanks, we'll see what happens. At least I started a log.. :)

    • smoothwall & dmz question
      ... i've been using smoothwall green+red config for a few months now and it ... i have this all set up, i can ping both green & orange nic's from behind ... mail servers) to be accessed from the internet? ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Smoothwall firewall
      ... > I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... I use ServersAlive to monitor ... I check the lan and wan ip addresses. ... > ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Smoothwall firewall
      ... > I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... > ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ... Determine if the web server was running. ... Real email to mike. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Smoothwall firewall
      ... I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... I use ServersAlive to monitor ... my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the ... ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Site-Site Router-Router VPN
      ... One on the LAN and one on the WAN. ... I can establish an IPSec tunnel between the routers and ping to the router ... I have a couple of locations that use these routers and site to site VPNs. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)