Re: Smoothwall firewall

From: ObiWan (anzen.NO_at_SPAM.gmx.net)
Date: 02/08/05

Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:41:43 +0100

> I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. I use ServersAlive to monitor
> my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the
> Smoothwall box. I check the lan and wan ip addresses. Today I couldm't
> ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. It seemed like the box was
> working because I could access the internet, I rebooted the box and
> the ping and web page worked... What was wrong with Smoothwall?? I
> started a log of the date and time I've rebooted the box to see how
> long it will stay up and working. Any pointers/ideas as to what I can
> do??

Let's try to detect the cause of your problem; restart the monitoring
and as soon as you'll see the problem again, move to another
machine on the LAN and try pinging and/or accessing the smootie
web page, if that works, maybe you have some connectivity issues
on your LAN (maybe DHCP related ?)

Relevant Pages

  • smoothwall & dmz question
    ... i've been using smoothwall green+red config for a few months now and it ... i have this all set up, i can ping both green & orange nic's from behind ... mail servers) to be accessed from the internet? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Smoothwall firewall
    ... I check the lan and wan ip addresses. ... >> ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Smoothwall firewall
    ... I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... I use ServersAlive to monitor ... my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the ... ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Smoothwall firewall
    ... > I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... > ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ... Determine if the web server was running. ... Real email to mike. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How to run script (sleep360) without delaying bootup
    ... Smoothwall accesses the Internet through a serial modem. ... Internet I have to have one of the machines on the LAN booted up, ... I would run a NTP server on the smoothwall machine, and rig a way for it ...
    (Fedora)