Smoothwall firewall

From: gene martinez (njkat_at_eclipse.net)
Date: 02/08/05

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:16:41 GMT

I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. I use ServersAlive to monitor
my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the
Smoothwall box. I check the lan and wan ip addresses. Today I couldm't
ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. It seemed like the box was
working because I could access the internet, I rebooted the box and
the ping and web page worked... What was wrong with Smoothwall?? I
started a log of the date and time I've rebooted the box to see how
long it will stay up and working. Any pointers/ideas as to what I can
do??

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Smoothwall firewall
    ... > I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... I use ServersAlive to monitor ... I check the lan and wan ip addresses. ... > ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • smoothwall & dmz question
    ... i've been using smoothwall green+red config for a few months now and it ... i have this all set up, i can ping both green & orange nic's from behind ... mail servers) to be accessed from the internet? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Smoothwall firewall
    ... I check the lan and wan ip addresses. ... >> ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Smoothwall firewall
    ... > I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. ... > ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. ... Determine if the web server was running. ... Real email to mike. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [SLE] smoothwall_vs_d-link
    ... > and install smoothwall on it to connect my home network to the internet. ... firewall that is supposed to be as good). ... router which boots from a floppy. ...
    (SuSE)