Smoothwall firewall

From: gene martinez (
Date: 02/08/05

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:16:41 GMT

I have set up a Smoothwall firewall box. I use ServersAlive to monitor
my home network, This includes a ping and a web page check of the
Smoothwall box. I check the lan and wan ip addresses. Today I couldm't
ping or access the web page on Smoothwall. It seemed like the box was
working because I could access the internet, I rebooted the box and
the ping and web page worked... What was wrong with Smoothwall?? I
started a log of the date and time I've rebooted the box to see how
long it will stay up and working. Any pointers/ideas as to what I can