Broadband not accesible on network.

From: vikaslaxmi (vikaslaxmi_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/05/05

Date: 5 Feb 2005 00:34:08 -0800

Hi freinds,

I have got a typical problem which so many people face with broadband
connections in SOHO sometimes. Whats happening is that i have a
Port-to-Port wired broadband connection which is ADSL USB modem to
connect to main server computer in my network. I have installed Windows
XP Home on both server and client computer which are connected directly
through a network cable in crossed connection and network cards.

All the sites are perfectly available on server computer but sites like
Yahoo Mail, Citibank India account login sites donot work and so many
other sites are not accesible there. Norton LiveUpdate works fine.
Windows update works fine but windows update page donot open. Does any
one have a solution.

Thanks
Vikas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ot: DIY wi-fi
    ... home" without any user intervention (Windows Update, ... If I configure my home network SSID to be, say, "linksys" and leave it ... I thought I was still on my connection, ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Dropping Wireless Connection (Resolution)
    ... Cranked up the machine, connected to the network, ran Windows Update, looked ... would kill the connection, but it was consistent.) ... I've been planning on moving the cable modem and wireless router out of my ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: MS03-026 patch
    ... Might it be connected to a network at some later ... Catalog --do this via "customize Windows Update" in Windows Update under XP. ... Once you get to the catalog, you can download the 2k version of the ... > not configured for internet connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: annoying information pop-ups
    ... perhaps Wireless Network Connection? ... >I have the network Icon how do I get rid of the actual ... >> To disable windows update notification - open Control Panel and go to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... And SBS server is only take ... the role of an internal server. ... they are all configured to connected to internal network. ... g. Run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)