Re: ZoneAlarm blocks Visual InterDev 6 from connecting to IIS5

gabegha_at_hotmail.com
Date: 01/28/05

Date: 28 Jan 2005 12:19:23 -0800

Guys, thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. I have tried the
suggestions you gave but no luck so far.

I entered 27.0.0.1 as the IP address for IIS (5.1) and tried to connect
with that address from VI but it didn't work. I had tried this in the
past with the same results. I also tried connecting with 27.0.0.1:80
and 127.0.0.1:3456. Both did not work.

I removed both applications and installed them again. I got the program
access alerts from ZoneAlarm for both Visual InterDev (VI) and IIS
which I clicked for both to be allowed access to the internet and for
IIS to also act as a server (which was how it was set before). I tried
to connect but got the same error.... "Unable to contact web server..."

I looked in event viewer but didn't see any new DCOM errors. However I
have seen such errors in the past in event viewer.

Is there a list of ports being blocked by ZoneAlarm? If so how do I
veiw that list and experiment with changing the configurations? Or
perhaps is there a setting I could change within VI to allow it so see
the server through ZoneAlarm?
Thanks for your help so far.

George

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS6 Dynamic pages execusion problem
    ... The event viewer is white clean of any IIS errors or warnings, ... "Rany M. Sabry" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: New users creating get page cannot be displayed when accessing OWA
    ... see any events in the event viewer so i am confused. ... Internet Information Services (IIS) ... hopefully you can explain how to completly resolve. ... do changing our email format. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: server not serving .txt or .css files
    ... Are you running the latest version of ZoneAlarm? ... problems with IIS and ZoneAlarm, where IIS stops serving files. ... > i am running win2k advanced server with the latest patches. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS5.1(XP Pro) not displaying .jpg images properly
    ... Can you try to uninstall McAfee Internet Security? ... it might behave the same as ZoneAlarm). ... Kristofer Gafvert - IIS MVP ... I'm certain that images have never been ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: BSOD - Stop error 000000c2, parameter1 00000007
    ... Yes Zonealarm Pro 6.5.737.00 is latest. ... I have few unsigned drivers but have checked all unsigned drivers using ... Are there any Error / Warning Reports in Event Viewer? ... "few days ago i just run windebug after installing all symbols. ...