Re: VLANS in a DMZ - good idea?

dgunner_at_lycos.co.uk
Date: 01/27/05

Date: 27 Jan 2005 00:44:38 -0800

Interesting point there Greg.

I am now thinking that as long as the switch is properly configured and
the ports setup correctly there shouldn't be any issue.

I still see 100's of posts about the use of Vlans and what a bad idea
it is to use them for security - either I'm missing something or they
are.

Relevant Pages

  • Summary of Microsoft compiler flaw discussions
    ... Cigital implied that Microsoft touted this new switch as a panacea to ... No "flaw" exists in Microsoft's new compiler. ... sense of security because it is easily defeated." ... attacks against code compiled with the new compiler. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: National Security Backdoor in telnetd - all versions.
    ... > within the National Security field? ... >>sniffed when you have to reconfigure your switch from offsite. ... not government. ... The vendors themselves have been screaming about the export ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Transport Mode IPSEC
    ... security with environment security. ... NFS server with an arp cache poison, ... If you correct the environment security, ... For example, you put in a decent managed switch, you ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Rogue IP Address
    ... capability that you paid for when buying the switch, ... someone will holler about his network not working. ... prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • FW: [Full-Disclosure] HP Full Disclosure Story (fwd)
    ... up Dan Grove's and the rest of your so called security teams collective ... > vulnerability affected 8 different swicth models. ... Hewlett Packard AdvanceStack Switch Managment Authentication Bypass ... I'm sorry to see the threatening tone in your message. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)