Switching Firewall solution -- need suggestions for make/model

wfsmith_at_gmail.com
Date: 01/24/05

    Date: 24 Jan 2005 14:06:31 -0800

    I am the sysadmin for a company's public website server cluster. It is
    currently protected (primarily) by a Watchguard X 1000, as a firewall
    solution. The problem is that it has been locking up and my manager
    has instructed me to replace it with a different make and model.

    So I was thinking a Cisco Pix since ive heard the name so often. Can
    some one suggest for me a make/model cisco firewall? It needs
    External, Trusted and Optional interfaces. Needs PPTP VPN support,
    stateful packet filtering blah blah. Basically im looking for an
    out-of-the-box hardware firewall solution.

    Our website traffic is on the order of a 1,000,000 page views a month
    distributed evenly mostly on weekdays. We prob run around 1-8mbps
    consisently, but the average is prob somewhere around 2mbps.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Will

    • Re: Ping pmj re uploads
      ... Configured) Firewall Running, because of the risk of Infection. ... It doesn't take "hours" to locate the prob in a safe way. ... with the UserName/PassWord Logon box stuff, cos she wasn't getting ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: still a virus????
      ... Install and RUN a firewall.. ... > Posted a prob a couple wks ago with hard drive. ... Can't even do anything in safe mode. ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: girl in destress!!
      ... > I'm probably in the wrong news group but hey heres the prob anyway as I ... My firewall was stopped and his took it's place. ... > suggested lol. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: virus and firewall
      ... | I have an old laptop with xp home installed - I'm gonna give it to a friend ... | but it is really old (prob shouldn't have XP). ... | Is there a free anti virus and firewall that doesn't take up much space? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Lan to Wan reprise
      ... >> No prob. ... >> first command the first time you attempt this method ... As far as the firewall script goes, you only need to run it once if you ...
      (Fedora)