Switching Firewall solution -- need suggestions for make/model

wfsmith_at_gmail.com
Date: 01/24/05

    Date: 24 Jan 2005 14:06:31 -0800

    I am the sysadmin for a company's public website server cluster. It is
    currently protected (primarily) by a Watchguard X 1000, as a firewall
    solution. The problem is that it has been locking up and my manager
    has instructed me to replace it with a different make and model.

    So I was thinking a Cisco Pix since ive heard the name so often. Can
    some one suggest for me a make/model cisco firewall? It needs
    External, Trusted and Optional interfaces. Needs PPTP VPN support,
    stateful packet filtering blah blah. Basically im looking for an
    out-of-the-box hardware firewall solution.

    Our website traffic is on the order of a 1,000,000 page views a month
    distributed evenly mostly on weekdays. We prob run around 1-8mbps
    consisently, but the average is prob somewhere around 2mbps.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Will