Re: Linux PC cannot ping, but Windows can?

From: Eirik Seim (eirik_at_mi.uib.no)
Date: 01/23/05

Date: 23 Jan 2005 15:00:07 GMT

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:35:27 -0500, Arthur Hagen wrote:
> Moe Trin <ibuprofin@painkiller.example.tld> wrote:
> >
> > None of my systems do PMTU on pings.
>
> SuSE seems to [...]

And so does all Linux or similar systems who use kuznetsov's
iputils (ftp://ftp.tux.org/people/alexey-kuznetsov/ip-routing).
NetKit used to be popular in the late nineties, but I don't know
if any major distro uses it these days. I know it's in Debians
apt system, but I don't know if its in the default install.

Inconsistencies like these are (part) of why I prefer *BSD over
Linux for my open source needs.

--
New and exciting signature!