LayerOne 2005 CFP Announced

layeronecfp_at_gmail.com
Date: 01/23/05

    Date: 22 Jan 2005 19:28:41 -0800

    LayerOne 2005
    April 23 & 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, California
    At the Pasadena Hilton
    http://layerone.info/

    The second LayerOne conference is now officially accepting papers and
    presentations for speaker selection. We are looking for people to speak
    on a broad range of topics; however, we encourage all submissions. To
    give you an idea of the sorts of things that were covered last year:

    - CryptoMail: mail encryption for all.
    - Life Hacks and Hacked Lives
    - How the DMCA is Threatening to Strangle Reverse Engineering and the
    Future of Interoperability
    - Visual Deep Packet Inspection
    - A User-Centric Distributed Social Software Architecture

    Please note that we'd love to see as broad a range of topics this year
    as we did last year, so don't consider this to be a strict guideline on
    what we'd like people to be submitting. If you've got something that
    you think will fit, by all means send it in. To see a list of topics
    from 2004, visit our website.

    Please be sure to include the following information in your submission:

    - Presentation name
    - A one-sentence synopsis of your presentation
    - A longer one to three paragraph synopsis or short outline of what you
    plan on covering
    - Names of and URLs to presenter(s)
    - A short (single-paragraph) biography of the presenter(s)

    Once everything's ready to go, send your submission to cfp [at]
    layerone [dot] info no later than March 1, 2005. All papers submitted
    by then will receive either an acceptance or rejection notice no later
    than March 15th, 2005. Speaker selection is expected to be finalised on
    this date.

    Although we only have one speaking track, please bear in mind that
    speaking slots are limited to one hour. How you use that time is
    entirely up to you - but most people tend to divide it between
    presentation and a Q&A session. If you think your presentation will run
    longer please advise us when you turn in your proposal and we will do
    our best take your needs into consideration.

    If the presentation is based on code or a particular technique the
    presenter must be one of the developers of the code/technique and be
    prepared to perform a demonstration.

    We look forward to reading over your submissions, which we are sure
    will be outstanding. Once again, if you have any questions or
    submissions please email cfp [at] layerone [dot] info. Thank you for
    your interest, and we look forward to seeing you there.

    • [fw-wiz] LayerOne 2005 CFP Announced
      ... The second LayerOne conference is now officially accepting papers and ... layerone info no later than March 1, ... Speaker selection is expected to be finalised ... We look forward to reading over your submissions, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • LayerOne 2005 CFP Announced
      ... The second LayerOne conference is now officially accepting papers and ... Speaker selection is expected to be finalised on ... We look forward to reading over your submissions, ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • LayerOne 2005 CFP Announced
      ... The second LayerOne conference is now officially accepting papers and ... Speaker selection is expected to be finalised on ... We look forward to reading over your submissions, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • LayerOne 2005 CFP Announced
      ... The second LayerOne conference is now officially accepting papers and ... Speaker selection is expected to be finalised on ... We look forward to reading over your submissions, ...
      (comp.security.unix)