Re: liveupdate host file issue

From: Michael J. Pelletier (mjpelletier_at_mjpelletier.com)
Date: 01/20/05

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:16:39 -0800

john@yourcompsolution.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've scoured the web and called symantec regarding this but got no
> where.
>
> Basically, we locked down our network to only allow entries in the
> hosts file to be reached.
>
> When setting up the symantec entries I covered update.symantec.com
> liveupdate.symantec.com liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com and their
> various web hostnames.
>
> However when running live update , at the point where it says conecting
> to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com , it says the subscription server
> cannot be reached, skip the dialogs and it continues to download
> updates.
>
> Symantec will not tell me the hostname of their subscription server.
> Anyone know?
>
> Thank You!

On one of your PCs can you start a sync and trace it on your firewall?

Relevant Pages

  • liveupdate host file issue
    ... I've scoured the web and called symantec regarding this but got no ... we locked down our network to only allow entries in the ... However when running live update, at the point where it says conecting ... Symantec will not tell me the hostname of their subscription server. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: liveupdate host file issue
    ... > I've scoured the web and called symantec regarding this but got no ... > When setting up the symantec entries I covered update.symantec.com ... > various web hostnames. ... > However when running live update, at the point where it says conecting ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook???
    ... Professor Frink wrote: ... >> Did you check with Symantec to see if they have an update? ... > I searched, and continue to search, Knowledge Bases at both Microsoft ... you should be able to fix this by running live update. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Camera Card Reader
    ... using Add/Remove Programs to remove all Norton and Symantec entries one ... Symantec, and have a great deal of experience with uninstall issues. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)