liveupdate host file issue

john_at_yourcompsolution.com
Date: 01/19/05

Date: 19 Jan 2005 11:31:54 -0800

Hi there,

I've scoured the web and called symantec regarding this but got no
where.

Basically, we locked down our network to only allow entries in the
hosts file to be reached.

When setting up the symantec entries I covered update.symantec.com
liveupdate.symantec.com liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com and their
various web hostnames.

However when running live update , at the point where it says conecting
to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com , it says the subscription server
cannot be reached, skip the dialogs and it continues to download
updates.

Symantec will not tell me the hostname of their subscription server.
Anyone know?

Thank You!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Regedit search does not reveal RH pane entries.
    ... entries but it seems to miss RH pane entries that have Symantec as part of the path, viz, My ... But double clicking VDD in RH pane revealed a Symantec entry which I then deleted. ... This is all part of trying to cure a 16 bit Virtual Machine .DLL initialization error. ... Thanks, that found the rest of the Symantec entries which I deleted however, doing so did not stop the VM error messages, viz: ...
  • Re: Remove obsolete "Local Services" entries
    ... which are NOT Symantec related. ... or get ERUNT from the following site) ... Registry Backup and Restore for Windows ... > remove the Local Services entries in question.....; ...
  • Re: Regedit search does not reveal RH pane entries.
    ... Elmo wrote: ... entries but it seems to miss RH pane entries that have Symantec as part of the path, viz, My ... But double clicking VDD in RH pane revealed a Symantec entry which I then deleted. ... This is all part of trying to cure a 16 bit Virtual Machine .DLL initialization error. ...
  • Re: Regedit search does not reveal RH pane entries.
    ... but it seems to miss RH pane entries that have Symantec as part of the path, viz, My ... But double clicking VDD in RH pane revealed a Symantec entry which I then deleted. ... How do I find other such entries? ... Thanks, that found the rest of the Symantec entries which I deleted however, doing so did not stop the VM error messages, viz: ...