liveupdate host file issue

john_at_yourcompsolution.com
Date: 01/19/05

Date: 19 Jan 2005 11:31:54 -0800

Hi there,

I've scoured the web and called symantec regarding this but got no
where.

Basically, we locked down our network to only allow entries in the
hosts file to be reached.

When setting up the symantec entries I covered update.symantec.com
liveupdate.symantec.com liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com and their
various web hostnames.

However when running live update , at the point where it says conecting
to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com , it says the subscription server
cannot be reached, skip the dialogs and it continues to download
updates.

Symantec will not tell me the hostname of their subscription server.
Anyone know?

Thank You!