Re: software or hardware firewall for broadband user please?

From: Mark S (marks_at_nothere.com)
Date: 01/19/05

Date: 18 Jan 2005 20:08:06 -0600

What makes you say that?

Do some research on these entry level firewalls...
Sonicwall TZ150 (I believe its officially out now)
Sonicwall TZ170
Netscreen 5GT

"Jason Edwards" <none@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> If that is your choice for an external box then go for it.
> However, please don't install an entry level firewall box and then think
> that it will, on its own, protect you from anything that could be thrown
at
> you via Internet Explorer/Outlook Express/P2P file sharing. I know you
won't
> but I've seen it happen.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: software or hardware firewall for broadband user please?
    ... Mark S wrote: ... > Do some research on these entry level firewalls... ... > Sonicwall TZ170 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Universal Website Hijacking by Exploiting Firewall Content Filtering Featu
    ... Firewall Content Filtering Features + SonicWALL firewalls 0day ... you should consider the possibility of the attack vector ... Anyway, I'm now releasing full details on how the technique works, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: Security for new small company
    ... Security for new small company ... I must admit i did wonder about a watchguard or sonicwall. ... >>soon and i'm thinking about firewalls and ... helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Is Netgear FVS318 a "true" firewall?
    ... I'd also pick holes in this statement: "Intrusion Detection features". ... Sonicwall at the moment). ... > protect the protected network from anything seeking to get out - such as ... > Many quality firewalls will know the difference between HTTP on port 80 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: FireBox x500 CPU Utilazation ??
    ... No idea - it really depends on what solution you built. ... Most of the WG firewalls we have installed, all over the USA/India, run ... level (entry level) firewall, and if it was the proper solution for your ... Behind is a Ws5000 Wireless Switch with 9 AP300 Access Point and a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)