Firewalls cause constant disk writes?

From: Pat (pat_at_usenet-only.com)
Date: 01/15/05

    Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:45:57 -0000

    With Sygate free I get disk writes every 5 seconds on average. I have logging turned off.
    If I exit Sygate and use Windows XP SP2 Firewall, they stop. The same seems to happen with
    Zone Alarm free. Do all firewalls tend to do this?
    Pat.

    • Re: Installed SP2, PC now locks up during boot!
      ... >Clean Windows Startup and hidden Startup: ... I am using ZAP 5.1.033.000. ... >> FWIW, the Windows SP2 firewall has been shut off since the day I ... >> the SP2 firewall as it doesn't have the strengths or features of ZAP! ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Workgroup and Domain
      ... File and Printer Sharing in the Windows XP SP2 firewall. ... > I have a home network with a wireless NetGear Wireless router. ...
    • Re: Cant open Access database
      ... Rick - does this occur only when the Windows XP SP2 firewall is running? ... I'm not running Windows default firewall, ...
      (microsoft.public.access.security)
    • Windows Server 2008 + GPO templates for Windows XP SP2 Firewall
      ... Anyone any advice on the best way to go about finding and setting up a GPO template to manage Windows XP SP2 Firewall in Windows Server 2008, Widows Vista Firewall would be handy as well.. ...
    • Re: ICS
      ... Note that the SP2 firewall is enabled as default. ... If you are in a Active Directory domain, you can use Group Policy ... WF_XPSP2.doc "Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.wmi)