NIS 2005 on a gateway/router pc?

From: abspc (l_at_l.com)
Date: 01/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:26:21 -0800

Would it be possible to run norton internet security 2005 on a pc that
would be used as a router/gateway? What I would like to know
specifically is if anyone knows if NIS would be able to use its own
parental control and firewall rules for the internet and local lan pcs.
So it would be set up to block or allow web sites and newsgroups
requested from the lan. So if someone on pc1 is trying to access a
newsgroup that is blocked it is denied. or same for a newsgroup or
whatever.

i am wondering if it can even do that like you set up NIS on the pc
router and then apply to the lan nic and internet nic the rules.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet access for users not logged into domain
    ... Just one lan port Cris. ... > Please do not respond directly to me, but only post in the newsgroup so all can take advantage ... >> You should isolate those users to a connection to the internet outside your lan and then let them surf to your hearts content. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Wireless Access Point
    ... My existing setup has a FreeBSD server running as a router/gateway for my entire LAN. ... This router has two NICs one connected to the cable modem from my ISP and one connected to a switch on 10.0.0.0/24 Lan. ... This setup is working fine as all the workstations on 10.0.0.0/24 can access the Internet and all wireless clients on 192.168.0.0/24 can access the Internet. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Internet access for users not logged into domain
    ... this is for two non-domain users. ... > You should isolate those users to a connection to the internet outside your lan and then let them surf to your hearts content. ... > Please do not respond directly to me, but only post in the newsgroup so all can take advantage ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internet access for users not logged into domain
    ... Cris Hanna [SBS-MVP] ... > You should isolate those users to a connection to the internet outside your lan and then let them surf to your hearts content. ... > Please do not respond directly to me, but only post in the newsgroup so all can take advantage ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Umstellung von Lan auf direkte Veerbindung
    ... Wenn das Internet benutzt werden kann, ... > bzw. ihre Verbindung wird ebenfalls getrennt. ... > Wie führe ich nun die ÄNDERUNG der Installation von LAN ... Antwort bitte nur in die Newsgroup! ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)