Re: UNIX Firewalls

From: God Rudy (rudy_at_rudyspc.attic.ccc)
Date: 01/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:27:56 -0600

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 03:33:19 +0000, DewTheNet wrote:

> I'm trying to get familiarized with UNIX based hardware firewalls.
>
> Can someone point out a link to where I can get manuals or tutorials on unix
> based firewall configuration.
>
> I'm trying to get familiarized w/ how to configure a unix based hardware
> firewall.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the OpenBSD handbook
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html

                  Good Luck
                          Rudy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A home windows users take on trying linux
    ... that is one of their prime duties), I usually got a rude mail in reply, ... At that time I realized that on average, Unix administrators are seldom ... pages and pages of manuals to find out how find a certin FFT library on ... I learned never to rely on the sys adms for direct help. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: RFC: removal of share/doc/{papers,psd,smm,usd} in 2 months
    ... referencing them, or telling users where they could find them... ... ``An Introduction to Display Editing with Vi'', found in the ``UNIX ... but no reader of the man page would ... (aka UCB ring binder manuals on my shelf). ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Comprehensive Reference Books On Perl or CGI.
    ... It is the hottest damn language out there, ... v> And people have been developing source with it within the unix ... Perl is the main language people use to code ... v> manuals are out there by a great publisher Oreilly: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Unix Programmers Manual
    ... Programming in the Unix Environment". ... throughout this text that you have a copy of the unix manuals fro your ... The manuals mentioned above ... That could explain why people sometimes refer to the online ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • I can do it all with my iMac!
    ... It is the hottest damn language out there, ... people have been developing source with it within the unix community ... Perl is the main language people use to code CGI programs, ... And all the manuals are out there by a great publisher Oreilly: ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)