Re: proxy server warning
Date: 12/23/04

Date: 22 Dec 2004 22:13:09 -0800

Charles Newman wrote:
> "george12pds" <> wrote in message
> > I strarted using switch proxy extension in Mozilla firefox to
> > about proxy servers. I'm reasonably careful, and am sitting behind
> > nat router and sygate firewall. I got this warning from sygate
> >
> > ntoskrnl.exe is being contacted from a remote machine
> >
> > Sure enough, this was one of the proxies I was using. Why this
> > wants to talk to my kernal, and how it got past the nat router, is
> > something I'll have to consider
> >
> > Moral... use a firewall, the nat router is not sufficient.
> You need Tiny Personal Firewall to install in your machine, or some
> other software firewall

Tiny Personal Firewall does not compare favorably with Sygate. I had
timy for a while till I found out it was letting lots of unwanted
traffic into my computer. Sygate rocks!

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Personal firewall for lambda users
    ... having recently worked with Sygate Secure Enterprise, ... I donĀ“t think that Sygate was bought by Netscreen, ... > I've recently been testing Sygate Personal firewall (now ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
  • Re: Sygate Free PFW
    ... switch to the windows XP SP2 firewall? ... How do you solve the mentioned security design flaws of Sygate? ... Don't install applications you cannot trust in. ... I'm testing "how good is the 'Personal Firewall', ...
  • Re: Sygate Personal Firewall
    ... I found out that Tiny Personal Firewall will work. ... > Look at the Readme file placed on your computer when you installed Sygate ... >> is that for the remote machine to see the Internet, I have to set Sygate ...
  • Re: Which Software Firewall to Use?
    ... Desktop Security using a Managed Personal Firewall for 5000 ... > the norm of what the personal firewall arena contributes. ... I find Sygate to be an excellent firewall. ... or attempted connections, in/out. ...
  • RE: Personal Firewalls
    ... ZoneAlarm is also very good- a close second to Sygate. ... This correspondence is for the named person's use only. ... notify the sender. ... Sygate and Tiny Personal Firewall as my options. ...