Re: how to open protocol 47 on a netscreen firewall?

From: Alex Hunsley (lard_at_tardis.ed.ac.molar.uk)
Date: 12/17/04

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:14:18 GMT

Munpe Q wrote:
> It's not surprising that PPTP is not working across NAT. What you
> should consider doing, if you insist on using Microsoft 'VPN', is use
> L2TP and terminate the tunnel on the firewall. It's easy to do and
> works fine.

Actually, I managed to find this link last night:

http://ns5gt-support.netscreen.com/knowbase/root/public/nskb1156.htm?

..which seems to be for allowing PPTP incoming through NAT. I have yet
to try it though.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN & Verschlüsselung
    ... NAT-T bzw. NAT pass through? ... Genau, VPN über PPTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.netzwerk.sicherheit)
  • Re: Frustrated setting up Cisco VPN through ISA 2004
    ... If Robert really does not use the PPTP for VPN clients, ... PPTP protocols from the new rules. ... Notice the PPTP VPN is usually used by Microsoft VPN clients, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PPTP site to site VPN - routing hell!
    ... Which VPN appliance are you using at the remote site? ... a site-to-site PPTP VPN tunnel with ISA Server 2004. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: ISA 2004 error 768
    ... - issue with VPN from Internet to my Office Site ... Do you mean encounter this issue when you VPN from your LAN with ISA ... Can you use VPN by using PPTP? ... Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: VPN & Verschlüsselung
    ... unterstützt Dein Router NAT-T(raverve) oder NAT pass through? ... Baut der Client eine VPN mit PPTP auf, sendet der Client zunächst den User ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.netzwerk.sicherheit)