Re: Virus's in images?

From: Renegade (inv_at_lid.net)
Date: 12/10/04

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:39:41 GMT

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:02:20 +0000, Skywise wrote:

> Anyone have proof of this? Like a known infected image I can download
> from somewhere?
>
> Or am I right in that this is just fantasy?
>
> Brian

Well, since there have been patches for Unix, Linux, and even Microsoft
concerning this, how much more proof does one need? That many coders would
not have written patches for all those platforms for no reason. Not to
mention that Linux users everywhere would have loved to say that *nix
wasn't vulnerable. ;)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HELP: RH 7.2 box hacked
    ... Your Linux, UNIX, etc. box has been cracked. ... WHILE OFFLINE install all the patches. ... For Linux and UNIX consultants in your area check These: ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UNIX COURSE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... and aix unix course free administration ... and programming plan unix shell course ... course linux unix online administration system ...
    (sci.bio.ecology)
  • Re: The Problems With Linux
    ... > Here are the problems with Linux: ... programmers of UNIX, Open Source software, and Shareware. ... programs only available from BSD. ... BSD code is used by Microsoft in it's Windows NT/9x/2K/XP code. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly
    ... I've used UNIX, ... I've used/use Linux, ... > inefficient operating system - if most other Windows ... This is why I don't run POS operating systems. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: hmm..
    ... I checked definitely do not have any UNIX history to them. ... (ie I think "real UNIX" has SIGBUS at 10, while Linux didn't originally ... the "ctype" name comes "character type", and the ... the "ctype" interfaces are defined by the C standard library. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)