DMZ's with Firebox 1000

graeme.hendry_at_whitehallsystems.com
Date: 12/07/04

Date: 7 Dec 2004 10:05:18 -0800

I have been asked to create a DMZ by using a Watchguard Firebox 1000.
This is something which i have never done before. Could anybody help
me with the next two questions please.

1. Is it possible to create DMZ's with this hardware and if so, how is
it done ?
2. What security issues/problems can I expect ?

Thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange 2003 to 2007 Transition
    ... The hardware for Site A is coming up soon. ... Can i introduce 2007 in DMZ with CAS and hub role to replace Front End 2003? ... Or is there a better design altogether i should consider. ... I would indeed go with an external filtering service. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Exchange 2003 to 2007 Transition
    ... and then transition to 2010. ... The hardware for Site A is coming up soon. ... Can i introduce 2007 in DMZ with CAS and hub role to replace Front End 2003? ... Or is there a better design altogether i should consider. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: sending TO HOTMAIL.COM
    ... Server is behind FW, (watchguard firebox X500); not in DMZ, in trusted. ... Sending email goes perfectly, except to hotmail.com ... All mails sent to hotmail.com just "disappear. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: DMZs with Firebox 1000
    ... > I have been asked to create a DMZ by using a Watchguard Firebox 1000. ... The DMZ is a normal part of a network that provides public access, ... can be used to separate two departments in a company. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)