Linksys + Sygate PF

From: Brian (flackb_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/01/04

    Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:26:44 +0100

    I am using a Linksys BEFSR41 switch and I have SPF installed without any
    advanced rules. Using SPF alone, the traffic log showed a confusing array of
    Internet 'noise' being rejected and quite a lot of undesirable polls being
    permitted. However, since installing the switch, I have a very clean traffic
    log. The only rejections shown in the traffic log are incoming UDP polls
    from the switch - and I presume these to be pings or other undesirable
    signals. On the other hand, there are also rejected incoming UDP polls from
    the DNS server of my ISP. As the Linsys switch is the only device that is
    supposed to talk to the DNS server, I do not see how those polls are
    reaching the SPF.
    Can anyone explain?

    Thanks,

    Brian