Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup

From: Kaptain Krunch (captainkrunch_at_comcast.net)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:33:33 -0400

"mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:418235EF.CDD@earthlink.net...
> Leythos wrote:
> > >
> > > I see. That makes a lot of sense. Can I use an XP machine to VPN into
> > > the router, or must I have two routers?
> >
> > The DI-804HV and DI-808HV can act as PPTP end-points, the Linksys units
> > do not act as PPTP end-points.
>
> Does that mean that an XP machine can initiate the tunnel, or do I have
> to have TWO routers providing an endpoint at each end?

2 machines can act as a tunnel,,, see the doc

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q252735/

Relevant Pages

  • Reverse SSH Tunnel - an easy way?
    ... I have used Tunellier and freeSSHd to setup a tunnel from my home to my ... However to use this system I need to initiate a ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: create inbound tunnel through firewall.
    ... >>openvpn seems to be the replacement for it. ... It doesn't matter which way ... >>the tunnel is running, it's symmetric.... ... Just have the home box initiate it, and restart on failure, and ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: create inbound tunnel through firewall.
    ... >>openvpn seems to be the replacement for it. ... It doesn't matter which way ... >>the tunnel is running, it's symmetric.... ... Just have the home box initiate it, and restart on failure, and ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup
    ... >> Does that mean that an XP machine can initiate the tunnel, ... >> to have TWO routers providing an endpoint at each end? ... > It means that you can connect to the router using Windows PPTP VPN. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup
    ... > Does that mean that an XP machine can initiate the tunnel, ... > to have TWO routers providing an endpoint at each end? ... It means that you can connect to the router using Windows PPTP VPN. ... If you were going to connect two VPN routers to each other, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)