Re: BEFSR41 Linksys Router & VPN Setup

From: Kaptain Krunch (captainkrunch_at_comcast.net)
Date: 10/29/04

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:32:43 -0400

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.org> wrote in message
news:MPG.1bebe8f93b9e80439898da@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
> In article <418194E1.63A8@earthlink.net>, mcp6453@earthlink.net says...
> > Leythos wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <6o2dnawdCZdN-BzcRVn-sA@portbridge.com>, mcp6453
> > > @earthlink.net says...

> > > You are assigned an IP in the subnet of the LAN side of the router -
you
> > > access anything you want in the LAN side subnet by IP.
> >

> > I see. That makes a lot of sense. Can I use an XP machine to VPN into
> > the router, or must I have two routers?
>
> The DI-804HV and DI-808HV can act as PPTP end-points, the Linksys units
> do not act as PPTP end-points.
>
> --
> --
> spamfree999@rrohio.com
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Thats funny, My BEFSX41 is a VPN end point.

KK

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HIPAA and firewalls
    ... >compliant manner using VPN. ... this is a bad and expensive method of purchasing a router. ... the VPN is setup in 5 steps. ... network IP block to both sides of the VPN tunnel. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: WRT54GL with DD-WRT VPN firmware - wheres the beef?
    ... the easiest way to deal with a VPN is to *FIRST* understand how ... as the NAT LAN connected to the terminating VPN server, to the client. ... Destination router: ... Gateway IP = 192.168.3.1 ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: WRT54GL with DD-WRT VPN firmware - wheres the beef?
    ... after the connection is established. ... the easiest way to deal with a VPN is to *FIRST* understand how ... as the NAT LAN connected to the terminating VPN server, to the client. ... Destination router: ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: VPN, FTP, or remote desktop
    ... There should be no need to do that if the router ... As I noted before I run Remote Desktop through a Secure Shell (SSH) tunnel ... > We also checked with Buffalo that their WBR series do support PPTP VPN. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Networking Question (with Linksys Home VPN Router)
    ... You bought one router. ... to share this router in a wireless network? ... you don't need to be thinking of VPN - you can be all on the same ... and the other's set up 'outgoing connections' to connect to it. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)